Monday, April 18, 2005

Magicdude's Cold Asian Fish Salad

This is a recipe from my friend Magicdude. He still lives in Key West, and routinely sends me updates that make me thoroughly homesick. sigh. He also has come up with a fish salad I really want to make. (damn my family and friends for hating fish) Of course, Magicdude usually cooks to feed an army, so when he says "4 servings" he means 4 servings for very hungry people.

Magic Dude's Cold Asian Fish Salad

1 head romaine lettuce
2 zucchini
½ white onion
4-6 stalks green onions/scallions
1 green bell pepper
1 tomato
2 cans baby corn nuggets or spears
2 oz. capers, drained
8-10 oz. Asian sesame and/or ginger dressing
crunchy Oriental noodles
2 package (4 oz. each) smoked salmon
2 tins (2 oz. each) anchovy fillets


Rinse all produce. Chop romaine lettuce and zucchini to bite size pieces. Cut white onion, scallions and pepper to small pieces. Dice tomato. If using whole baby corn spears, cut to nugget size. Slice salmon and achovies to small pieces.

Place bed of lettuce in large salad or serving bowl. Add the rest of the chopped produce, and capers. Add dressing. Top with crunchy noodles, anchovies and salmon. Feeds four.

If you make it before I do, tell me how it is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home