Sunday, April 10, 2005

Inaugural Posting

As I write this, the crust for a strawberry tart is cooling in my freezer. This is, as Martha Stewart would say, "a good thing". My goal is to put the recipes I'd normally throw on my other blog, here, as well as some of the weird stuff I've learned in a lifetime of reading cookbooks like they were Harlequin romance novels.

This won't be just my recipes, but things I've received from friends, and adaptations of established recipes (by those lucky bastards with TV shows-- I'm looking at you Alton & Rachael) and a place to mock the good, the bad, and the Atkins. My forte is food that looks impressive, tastes pretty damned good, and doesn't take all day to make. So,if you want roast suckling pig, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Hope you'll enjoy this, and check in frequently. Also, don't be afraid to send me your recipes, tips and tricks.

And never fear- that strawberry tart recipe is coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home